Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum

Default When does testosterone peak after an injection?

refer to title

My understanding is 24-48 hours.

Personal experience was that a blood draw 30.5 hours post injection had me at 1262 ng/dl from 100 mg test cyp per week (1/2 ml). Doctor said that was to be expected and no big deal, paraphrasing. Yes, I still have to pinch myself! We have since added HCG. I bruise more from pinching myself than from the injections.

I plan on testing as close to that time interval as possible for consistency in the future. It is possible that really was maxing out, but I can't rule out the possibility it hadn't hit it's stride yet. It is possible the peak concentration differs with individuals.

I inject Wednesday morning, but frankly, feel best on Friday and Saturday, anywhere from 40-80 hours later. Maybe I have to come down a bit from the supraphysiologic level (hours not dose) to hit my stride. I love it the whole week, but I want the higher levels for the end of the hard work week, then I can relax and ride the higher test on the weekend so maybe this is why I feel the best.

Sorry to be verbose, just wanted to add that the peak day may not be the day you subjectively feel the best, for what that's worth.

Bob

In this link it has charts showing how your levels go up on all kinds of TRT also shows DHT, and E2.
    That is if it opens.
    http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/attac...3&d=1139879356
    Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by 00slotiv View Post

Personal experience was that a blood draw 30.5 hours post injection had me at 1262 ng/dl from 100 mg test cyp per week (1/2 ml). Doctor said that was to be expected and no big deal, paraphrasing. Yes, I still have to pinch myself! We have since added HCG. I bruise more from pinching myself than from the injections.

I plan on testing as close to that time interval as possible for consistency in the future. It is possible that really was maxing out, but I can't rule out the possibility it hadn't hit it's stride yet. It is possible the peak concentration differs with individuals.

I inject Wednesday morning, but frankly, feel best on Friday and Saturday, anywhere from 40-80 hours later. Maybe I have to come down a bit from the supraphysiologic level (hours not dose) to hit my stride. I love it the whole week, but I want the higher levels for the end of the hard work week, then I can relax and ride the higher test on the weekend so maybe this is why I feel the best.

Sorry to be verbose, just wanted to add that the peak day may not be the day you subjectively feel the best, for what that's worth.

Bob
    If it makse so much difference, possibly you would feel more even on more frequent shots. I do shots every day. One day (T + AI) next day (HCG) and so on, I do not have ups and downs.
    I am not a Dr, any opinion that I have is based on my own experience.
    Any changes in my regime are always discussed with and are approved by my doctor.

Diabetes is not a disease. It is how mammals signal for the coming winter. You can cure it naturally.
    ...all legitimate rights have one thing in common: they are rights to action, not to rewards from other people."
    Failure is the spice that gives success its flavors………….If you don’t do the fear, you won’t get the courage.

JanSz,

Yeah I have wondered what 50mg would do twice a week. Maybe you could help me here. My opinion is that I should not get higher than I likely am now.

Right now, Day 2 is 1262 total test with Free at 291. HCG is three days a week at 500 iu-MWF with test on Wednesday. HCG is not factored into the total yet and neither is Arimidex but my estimation is something along the lines of new Day 2 around 1400-1500 max and day 7 900-1000ng/dl. The free is probably around 350 max after HCG and Arimidex. I am just pointing out that this is an estimate of where I will likely be on the next test, at most, and I feel real good, although to me on occasion, a noticable short fuse, like I used to have when younger. Wierd that I can feel so much happier and care free and at the same time aggressive. That is mysterious and I like it though, and realize that any higher would push the envelope off the table and my conscience isn't interested in that. I am already amazed that my calves, arms, chest, and back are larger (no total weight gain). Have lifted weights for years without this kind of surge so no doubt, higher testosterone is something else.

Anyway IF, I was to split the shot, what will happen? Arimidex wouldn't have to be 1mg 3x week as prescribed, maybe .5 mg instead.

M-
    T-hcg
    W-50 mg test cyp
    Th-
    F-hcg
    St-50 mg test cyp
    Sn-hcg

What would I top out at? What would I be at low point? Are we talking about consistent 1000 ng/dl whatwith hcg and test T-W and F-St-Sn?

Anything is possible but to be honest I want to minimize changes in protocol just so I know what to expect from week to week. My current understanding is there will be at most a 36-40 % reduction in testosterone after a week of injecting so is it fair to say there may be only a 20% reduction with a split dose and hcg spread out?

Yes, for all I know I could conceivably feel better on a split dose, I admit I don't want to lose the psychological "edge" I feel currently with one shot a week.

In short, what effect do you see a split dose doing to my current trend?

Thanks for your consideration. What are your levels on your split dose schedule? While on one shot a week I don't feel much of a come down, perhaps since levels are high. The decline is comfortable.

Bob

Default Re: When does testosterone peak after an injection?

Bob
    I am glad I came here to find your guys's post regarding dosage. I am new on hrt. After a 3 week waste of time on testim I fired doc and found one that gave me test cyp but it is only half strength of the norm (100mg per 1g or cc) He never prescribed test cyp before and he never heard of hcg. He told me to do 1 cc every two weeks wich is 100mg etw and 8 weeks later do blood work. (I have no insurance) I did 200mg the first day, felt better for about a week and felt crapy the next. So then I did 150 mg of test cyp and another 150 7 days later. I felt crapy the tail end of those two weeks also. Then I shot 100mg one a wednesday, 100mg more the following sunday, and another 100mg the following wednesday. The saturday I was just slightly not feeling good and couldnt get wood, but the tuesday I felt pretty good all the way through pretty much until the shot day on wednesday... wich I felt not so great in the AM but took the shot early morning and felt great again late that night... so basicaly I thought I got it down to a science but I am shooting twice the T cyp as you guys and now I am trippin. I have no anti estrogen or hcg... and my total T was 220 before I started hrt. I am going thru a new on line clinic and probably getting sighned up tomarow,,, should get some blood work results in hopefully a week. In the mean time I think I am only going to do 75 mg twice a week even if I feel crapy on the tail ends because now I realize I am shooting such a high dosage. I am only 185 pounds. I wonder why I feel like I am crashing at lower dosages when I am taking about twice as much as you guys. Luckily my niples feel just fine and I don't feel any weird emotional stuff. Maybe because my test cyp being half as potinent has something to do with my levels not getting too hi,,, or maybe its the fact that I dont have the help of hcg (yet) Maybe I just burn up T faster then most... Has anyone heard of anybody else on hrt taking 200mg of test cyp a week? (wich would be 1 cc of normal dose Test cyp at 200mg per 1 ml... As for me I am doing 1cc twice a week with my vial.

JanSz,

Yeah I have wondered what 50mg would do twice a week. Maybe you could help me here. My opinion is that I should not get higher than I likely am now.

Right now, Day 2 is 1262 total test with Free at 291. HCG is three days a week at 500 iu-MWF with test on Wednesday. HCG is not factored into the total yet and neither is Arimidex but my estimation is something along the lines of new Day 2 around 1400-1500 max and day 7 900-1000ng/dl. The free is probably around 350 max after HCG and Arimidex. I am just pointing out that this is an estimate of where I will likely be on the next test, at most, and I feel real good, although to me on occasion, a noticeable short fuse, like I used to have when younger. Wierd that I can feel so much happier and care free and at the same time aggressive. That is mysterious and I like it though, and realize that any higher would push the envelope off the table and my conscience isn't interested in that. I am already amazed that my calves, arms, chest, and back are larger (no total weight gain). Have lifted weights for years without this kind of surge so no doubt, higher testosterone is something else.

Anyway IF, I was to split the shot, what will happen? Arimidex wouldn't have to be 1mg 3x week as prescribed, maybe .5 mg instead.

M-
    T-chg
    W-50 mg test cup
    Th-
    F-chg
    St-50 mg test cup
    Sn-chg

What would I top out at? What would I be at low point? Are we talking about consistent 1000 nag/Dal whatwith hcg and test T-W and F-St-Sn?

Anything is possible but to be honest I want to minimize changes in protocol just so I know what to expect from week to week. My current understanding is there will be at most a 36-40 % reduction in testosterone after a week of injecting so is it fair to say there may be only a 20% reduction with a split dose and hcg spread out?

Yes, for all I know I could conceivably feel better on a split dose, I admit I don't want to lose the psychological "edge" I feel currently with one shot a week.

In short, what effect do you see a split dose doing to my current trend?

Thanks for your consideration. What are your levels on your split dose schedule? While on one shot a week I don't feel much of a come down, perhaps since levels are high. The decline is comfortable.

Bob

Nice to hear things are going well, at them levels you should be feeling quite well. I do believe that is where I was prior to the chronic infection I had (Reoccurring chronic orchitis.) I did however hit 755 following this infection, I do not have the reference range, then it continued to decline due to leydig cell damage/atrophy.

I hear weekly injections are however best. I did have an internist who was thinking if i did not recover from the infection and my testosterone levels were not up 400-500 Mg of Depo Testosterone would be best, however it is more practical to do them weekly, some I have heard even do them twice weekly. I am sure monthly you would have the roller coaster ride effect as many have said who were on monthly injections.

A lot of information in on this form about this, however I would ask my attending Physician how to go about doing the labs.

My personal opinion no medical advise or recommendation intended.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    If it makse so much difference, possibly you would feel more even on more frequent shots. I do shots every day. One day (T + AI) next day (HCG) and so on, I do not have ups and downs.
    Jansz i may have found what is going on with that LP(A). Prgmmer brought something to my attention other day and this may affect alot of people hear not taking blood drawn properly. You are taking a good 400 ius of hcg the day before your T SHOT, but when you draw blood are you still taking it the day before. If you are then the e2 reading you are getting is a false and you could be actually estrogen defient as many of you other labs have been indicating AKA low methylation, insulin issues, low DHA in the RBC fatty acid, and your LP(a), fibrogen increasing. Same as I have been. I bet alot of people fall into this trap and I have been one of them. Think back to when you started first doing TRT you had lowered lp(a), same with me despite everything. I made a few adjustments and turn around in a few days has been spectaular (thank to prggmer educating me on how naive I have been). I reality I probably do not need adex. That link programmer gave was for the average not odd ball (paridoxial) person.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrystalpyro View Post
    After a 3 week waste of time on testim

I hate to go OT in someone else's thread, but why was it a waste of time? What did you expect to happen in three weeks that didn't? The subjective benefits of TRT -- whatever the modality -- usually take longer than that to stabilize.

I fired doc
    ?????

and found one that gave me test cyp but it is only half strength of the norm (100mg per 1g or cc)
    "Strength" is relative to how many mgs you actually inject; the concentration is lower, but 1 cc of 100 mg/ml is the exact same as 1/2 cc of 200 mg/ml[/QUOTE]

He never prescribed test cyp before and he never heard of hcg. l
    A good indication you need to find another doctor.

He told me to do 1 cc every two weeks wich is 100mg etw and 8 weeks later do blood work. (I have no insurance) I did 200mg the first day, felt better for about a week and felt crapy the next. So then I did 150 mg of test cyp and another 150 7 days later. I felt crapy the tail end of those two weeks also. Then I shot 100mg one a wednesday, 100mg more the following sunday, and another 100mg the following wednesday. The saturday I was just slightly not feeling good and couldnt get wood, but the tuesday I felt pretty good all the way through pretty much until the shot day on wednesday... wich I felt not so great in the AM but took the shot early morning and felt great again late that night... so basicaly I thought I got it down to a science but I am shooting twice the T cyp as you guys and now I am trippin. I have no anti estrogen or hcg... and my total T was 220 before I started hrt. I am going thru a new on line clinic and probably getting sighned up tomarow,,, should get some blood work results in hopefully a week. In the mean time I think I am only going to do 75 mg twice a week even if I feel crapy on the tail ends because now I realize I am shooting such a high dosage. I am only 185 pounds. I wonder why I feel like I am crashing at lower dosages when I am taking about twice as much as you guys. Luckily my niples feel just fine and I don't feel any weird emotional stuff. Maybe because my test cyp being half as potinent has something to do with my levels not getting too hi,,, or maybe its the fact that I dont have the help of hcg (yet) Maybe I just burn up T faster then most... Has anyone heard of anybody else on hrt taking 200mg of test cyp a week? (wich would be 1 cc of normal dose Test cyp at 200mg per 1 ml... As for me I am doing 1cc twice a week with my vial.
    Bro, you need to slow down...you're not going to feel better overnight. First of all, you shouldn't become your own doctor. Your self medication (or self dosing) is likely causing wild fluctuations in your hormones, which is why you're feeling ups and downs (especially given your lack of E2 control).

While I would agree that 100 mg EOW is probably a too widely spaced dose, the proper thing to do is not to take matters into your own hands, but to find a competent doctor who can treat and monitor you. You have mentioned you found an "online clinic". Make sure you have a real doctor who really cares about you, not someone just interested in pushing drugs.

I believe I remember Dr. John saying that he rarely sees anyone who requires 200 mg per week, even hypermetabolizers.

Your "not feeling better" yet is likely due to the fact that you simply haven't stabilized yet (how could you with what you're doing). Don't just take another shot because you think you're feeling low...it's dangerous business, at least insofar as the potential mood swings it could cause.

100 mg per week might turn out to be more than you need, but it takes a number of weeks for your serum levels to stabilize at that dose. Said another way, you're not really going to know how you feel on 100 mg per week until you've been on it perhaps 8 - 10 weeks.

You could be feeling off because you have caused a wild spike in estrogen because you injected too much testosterone too quickly. You're interpreting this as not enough testosterone and injecting more and potentially worsening the problem.

Start a new thread for questions, good luck. If you can get to him, see Dr. John.

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I hate to go OT in someone else's thread, but why was it a waste of time? What did you expect to happen in three weeks that didn't? The subjective benefits of TRT -- whatever the modality -- usually take longer than that to stabilize.

"Strength" is relative to how many mgs you actually inject; the concentration is lower, but 1 cc of 100 mg/ml is the exact same as 1/2 cc of 200 mg/ml
    A good indication you need to find another doctor.

Bro, you need to slow down...you're not going to feel better overnight. First of all, you shouldn't become your own doctor. Your self medication (or self dosing) is likely causing wild fluctuations in your hormones, which is why you're feeling ups and downs (especially given your lack of E2 control).

While I would agree that 100 mg EOW is probably a too widely spaced dose, the proper thing to do is not to take matters into your own hands, but to find a competent doctor who can treat and monitor you. You have mentioned you found an "online clinic". Make sure you have a real doctor who really cares about you, not someone just interested in pushing drugs.

I believe I remember Dr. John saying that he rarely sees anyone who requires 200 mg per week, even hypermetabolizers.

Your "not feeling better" yet is likely due to the fact that you simply haven't stabilized yet (how could you with what you're doing). Don't just take another shot because you think you're feeling low...it's dangerous business, at least insofar as the potential mood swings it could cause.

100 mg per week might turn out to be more than you need, but it takes a number of weeks for your serum levels to stabilize at that dose. Said another way, you're not really going to know how you feel on 100 mg per week until you've been on it perhaps 8 - 10 weeks.

You could be feeling off because you have caused a wild spike in estrogen because you injected too much testosterone too quickly. You're interpreting this as not enough testosterone and injecting more and potentially worsening the problem.

Start a new thread for questions, good luck. If you can get to him, see Dr. John.[/QUOTE]

Rick's advice is good!

It probably took me a month to feel like something special was happening, and it is as good as it can get now, just hope I don't have to make big changes.

Factoring in additional HCG, then maybe Arimidex can make things better or worse so you (xcrystalpyro) may need to brace yourself for a year's worth of treatment, if not more, to get to or close to where you feel like you have "arrived".

I would love to try 200 mg per week but I'd hit well over 2000 and darn it, that's just too high. :(

As for the title of this thread, my 29 hour total T is higher than the 49 hours. I'll bet somewhere around the 40 hour mark is when it begins to lower. I suppose some men can still peak out at 72 hours.

Bob